Saturday, August 27, 2005

My Knitting Collection



(From Left to Right)
The gaudy green and pink basket is mainly for my odds and ends, which I keep in my office next to my desk. It holds my needles that aren't getting much use, photocopied patterns, leftover yarn. When I'm not using my Stitch N' Bitch book I sometimes stick it in there - I also signed out a Knitting for Dummies book from the library, but haven't referred to it much. In the left basket you'll also see a bunch of knitting notecards that I received from a friend - there's four different cards, featuring a poncho, a tank top, a sweater and a scarf. I'm thinking I might include a handwritten card when I'm giving something I've knitted as a gift - maybe with the care instructions written inside?


In the background is the yellow scarf I made for a friends birthday on Monday - my first time working with a merino wool - I'm recovering from a really bad rash right now, and I'm wondering if it was the wool, so I might be off merino for a while now. To the right of the scarf is the afghan I knitted, that was featured on my other blog, covering my friend's baby who was sleeping on the lounger on my patio.




The middle basket (shown above by itself) I keep stored under a chair in my living room - it's where I've been keeping the extra yarn for projects I'm working on, as well as the squares I am knitting for a quilt. I keep some of my extra needles in there - my other pair of circulars are at the bottom (green) and at that top are my bamboo and clunky blue aluminum. The ball of yarn is Patons Decor - it's the only yarn that I've used that doesn't seem to aggravate my skin so I use it A LOT. It's 75% acrylic and 25% wool, so not the best quality, but it knits up fairly soft and washes well. Also in the basket are my scissors and my jar of Burt's Bees Almond Milk hand cream, which I use while knitting when my hands dry out.




The far right basket (shown above by itself) is where I keep the projects I'm working on - it sits on the floor next to the sofa in the family room, where I seem to do most of my knitting, except when I'm commuting to work, in which case I grab something when I'm running out the door. Right now I'm working on a purple square for my quilt (#24/100) and also a blue scarf for my friend that gave me the knitting cards (I am using Paton Shetland Chunky for it, size 13 needles and it's knitting up FAST). You can barely see the 13s sticking out, but you can see the mauve aluminums, size 15 - the biggest needles I have.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

I have a couple of books you might like. "Knit Wit" is one and the other is "Last Minute Knitted Gifts." Check them out. I've been using them more than S-N-B for a while now :)

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home