Monday, March 21, 2005

Knit Obsessed
I have been waiting somewhat impatiently for this scarf to make it's way across the Atlantic - I heard from Jody this week that she had finally received it, so I can now post photos of it and not ruin the surprise :).

Image Hosted by The Image Hosting

I used a yarn that I had never used before, it was fairly soft and really nice to work with. The color was Purple Haze, which you can see better in the photo below.


Image Hosted by The Image Hosting

This scarf was my first attempt at doing a stockinette stitch (a combination of purling and knitting). Unfortunately, the pattern meant the scarf would start to curl along the edges, but I quickly took care of that with my iron and some spray starch! :)


Image Hosted by The Image Hosting

As I folded up the scarf to mail, I almost wanted to keep it for myself :).

I don't think my knitting obsession will fade at all - it's been almost 3 months and I'm still going strong. I've completed two other projects since the scarf - a winter hat and a baby blanket for Simona - and I'm currently working on an afghan. A fellow knitter/blogger that I know suggested that I start a knitting blog and I am considering it - at least that way I can blather about yarn and needles and only the people that care about that stuff will be forced to read it :).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home