Saturday, March 26, 2005

Simona's Baby Blanket

I don't know how I felt about the blanket when it was finally completely. I was happy with it because it turned out fairly well, but at the same time, I almost wish that I had used larger needles because a) the blanket could be bigger and b) the stitches were fairly tight.

Image Hosted by The Image Hosting

As a result of the stitches, it's a fairly thick, heavy blanket probably more suitable for a stroller lap blanket, or perhaps a blanket to play on when she gets bigger.

Image Hosted by The Image Hosting

The color in the pictures above are more accurate to the actual color of the blanket, which I quite liked, but in the photo below you can see the pattern more clearly.In addition to the border going around the blanket, there were 5 different square patterns. A 3x3 square, a 4x4 square, a striped square, a stockinette square and then a square with an embedded square (which was my favorite). That was the best thing about knitting this blanket, I taught myself a bunch of patterns.

Image Hosted by The Image Hosting

My absolute favorite part of the blanket, I couldn't be more happier with how the label turned out :).

Image Hosted by The Image Hosting

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home